Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting to Durham

Left for Durham on 30 September 2012.  My flight went from Cleveland Hopkins Airport to JFK Airport in New York to Heathrow Airport in London.  The flight was easy.

One of my new favorite things to do is get a shoe shine.  Back in day, I told my daughter--during the early 1800s, cause i am so damn old at 46--we actually tried to save our shoes: resole them, shine them up, buy new laces.  Anyway, i got my shoes shined at the Cleveland Airport.  Here is a picture.  They are oh so shiny!!!  Elvis is singing in the background, "Don't step on my metro-sexual, black leather clogs or i will hit you with my man-bag." 



In fact, I am so obsessed now with shiny shoes that i actually took my other pair of travel shoes--my brown Ecco dress shoes---to New York City when I visited my brother, Warren, in Flushing, New York City.  There is a great shoe shine place in Penn Station and so i carried my shoes in a backpack from Flushing to Penn Station and then, post shoe shine, the rest of the day in Manhattan.  Now that is commitment.


 
 Here are a few pictures of Ruby (my daughter) and Warren shoving food like little piggies into their faces at one of our favorite Diners in the West Village and at a Chinese Soup Shop in Flushing. We had just gotten done walking along the High Line.  If you have never been on the High Line, it is a must.  It is an entirely green walkway build on one of the old train lines in the West Village of Manhattan.  It is a powerful example of what Green can be in the middle of an urban environment like New York.  just stunning!!!!

This is a picture of me in my Cowboy hat (pronounced, cow-buhy haaat)



you got a problem?










No comments:

Post a Comment