Sunday, October 21, 2012

I think Humans Would Complain About Heaven

The other day I was talking with my daughter, Ruby, on the phone.  She said, "Dad, what are you going to do now, when we hang up on the phone?"  I said, "Well, I have to go freaking go downstairs to the dining room and get something to eat."  She laughed.  "Dad, you are eating in a Harry Potter dining hall and your food is free, what are you complaining about?"  I just laughed back.  She is right.  You can have just about everything in your life going you way and still complain.  What is wrong with us humans?  Or, maybe is it just me. I hope so.

The stupidity of my complaint made me realize that I have yet to post any pictures of Durham and where I am staying, so here are some pictures.


This picture is the entrance to Castle, where I am staying, which I pass through on my evening walk
 


This is a view of the Durham Cathedral and courtyard.  The castle is to the left of this picture

This is a bit of a picture of the Durham marketplace


Another view of the castle from one of the bridges near the market


Yet another view of the castle from one of the bridges near the market


A View of the Cathedral near the castle

This is what the inside of the castle looks like.  Off to the right, at the top of the castle keep, is where my dorm room is located.

A few pictures of the market down below the castle



 




























No comments:

Post a Comment